Sunday, October 25, 2009

bandwidth allocation and network monitoring software?

hi all i'm a semi-techie nurse and i love playing online games. i recently had an internet connection installed and have shared it with 2 of my housemates..

the problem begins when they log in and sort of hoard the bandwidth, with either skype, facebook, or what nots.. so i get constantly and irritantly get disconnected.

can anyone please help me on how to configure my D-link DI 604 router.. the set-up we currently have is that my modem is hooked to the DI604 router, then hooked to a router switch.. one of my techie friends set this up, but unfortunately IS no longer available..

i need help if possible on the following issues..

1. bandwidth allocation - how can i do this, any step-by-step guide if possible? smile.gif and

2. possible FREE network monitoring software - so i can tell them to avoid apps hoarding the bandwidth


thanks in advance and more power everyone!!


View this post on my blog: http://travelnursesuccess.com/bandwidth-allocation-and-network-monitoring-software

No comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Site Sponsors